Friday, May 16, 2008

Meme-ify-hiii, Meme-ify Meeeee

Aerin tagged me with the Inquisition Meme, and while I may not be Christian Bale, I could give him a run for his money in the mastery of accents department. Here are the rules:

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.

2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.

4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.


Inquisition Meme

What were you doing ten years ago?

Helping my then fiancĂ© plan our wedding. My duties consisted of dropping off various deposits at various places scattered about town, and saying, “Mmm-hmmm. Yes. I totally agree.” (I’m a fast learner.) Driving an ’89 Ford Bronco II.


What are five things on your to-do list for today?

1. Finish project for work.

2. Memorize on-base percentage stats for entire 1982 Atlanta Braves roster.

3. Contemplate the similarities between the movie Star Wars and the novel The Firm, with special emphasis on “timing of release” not “quality” as a primary causal factor for popularity.

4. Monitor global dolphin activity.

5. Watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with Junior.


What are some snacks you enjoy?

1. Sunflower seeds.

2. Oreos.

3. Dove Dark Chocolate Minis, the individually wrapped ones with messages of inspiration on the inside.


What would you do if you were a billionaire?

Buy a boat. Go fishing. Spend more time writing. Take family on trip around the world. Subsidize small Caribbean nation, or finance the creation of a new one. Change will to include a Brewster’s Millions-like clause, or conversely, spend all money before kids can inherit it so they’ll have to earn their own and learn the value of hard work.


What are three of your bad habits?

1. Involuntarily spewing smartassiness when people want me to be sincere.

2. Procrastinating, though I’m not sure this qualifies as “bad” because I work much more efficiently under pressure.

3. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink. Or so I’ve been told. And apparently, “magical kitchen gnomes” is not the correct answer to “How do you think they get in the dishwasher?”


What are five places where you have lived?

No particular order.

1. Sanford, FL

2. DeLand, FL

3. Apopka, FL

4. Daytona, FL

5. Maitland, FL

Hey, the weather’s great, I’m an hour from the beach, and we don’t have state income tax. Shoveling snow is for other people.


What are five jobs you have had?

These are listed in order, but you have to guess which kind of order.

1. Mower of lawns.

2. Copy editor/proofreader for now defunct publisher of law books. (It wasn’t my fault.)

3. Bartender.

4. IT Manager/Database Admin/Computer Guy/Nick Burns.


What were the last five books you read?

1. Foop! by Chris Genoa

2. The Singularity Is Near by Ray Kurzweil

3. The System of the World by Neal Stephenson

4. Love & Death: The Murder of Kurt Cobain by Max Wallace and Ian Halperin

5. Empire of Blue Water: Captain Morgan's Great Pirate Army, the Epic Battle for the Americas, and the Catastrophe That Ended the Outlaws' Bloody Reign by Stephan Talty


Aerin added a new question, so I will too.

What’s playing on your iPod right now?

DRUNKEN LULLABIES by Flogging Molly


What five people do you want to tag?

Writtenwyrdd, Pete, Fairyhedgehog, Kiersten, Wonderwood, and [Insert Your Name Here].

25 comments:

JaneyV said...

Boats figured in my billionaire fantasy too! Very big ones with big sails!
Subsidize small Caribbean nation, or finance the creation of a new one.
Great idea! I mean ...genius!

I too see nothing bad about procrastination. Why not put things off I ask?

I think your magical kitchen gnomes must be related to the Fabulous Laundry Fairy that lives in my house!

Great post BT!

Anonymous said...

Cruel of you, to share the meme pain. I shall comply in Borg-like fashion, but it'll be a couple of days.

writtenwyrdd

PS And snow shoveling is wonderful exercise. You should try it sometime. My house, next January. I have a spare shovel.

Kiersten White said...

Done. I'm afraid I got a little detailed with the whole billionare scenario in an incredibly boring way. At least I didn't go so far as to start listing things like, "Replace all of my sheets and towels with nice ones." Because that would actually be a huge factor. I just doubt anyone cares.

fairyhedgehog said...

I did it.

Never again. Do you know how long it takes sorting out links to people and going and tagging them and then their blog eats your comment and you have to do it again? To say nothing of trying to work out what you were doing ten years ago and remembering books you'd read.

Of course you do; you've done it. And now I have too.

Sarah Laurenson said...

BT - you FL man, you.

LOL

And a meme machine, as well.

Great answers!

Robin S. said...

Wow, BT. Cool meme stuff.

Kiersten and Fairy H. are fast in response! WW's on her way. Pete?
WWood? Well....let's see.

Questions and comments:

Is this meme stuff like a virus?

Are all those FL cities within an hour of each other? I was in Daytona for a few spring breaks. Like the year of the streaker.I wonder if you were born yet?

Here's my guess for the job order:

Lawn mower
Bartender
Copy Editor
IT guy
Insurance Adjuster

How'd I do?

I love Indiana Jones. I'm glad you're raising your son to go-and-do-thou likewise with your cultural history there, kid.

Kiersten White said...

Robin, if you had a blog, we could all tag you, too...

Wonderwood said...

Okay, BT, I'll play your game. I might need a day or so, but I'll do it. I don't know how to put links in my blog, but I'm sure you can tell me. I'm going to guess you're the IT guy these days, insurance adjuster before that. Just a guess. And by the way, I pimp for geeks like you. Let me know if you want to relo to Jax, I've got clients with needs for DBAs, Oracle and SQL Server. Lemme know.

Thanks, I think, for the tag. This could be fun.

Chilly.

Robin S. said...

Hey - I was already memed once, Kiersten girl - and the results are here - below...

BRT knows no shame, ya know.

Woody- glad to see you're gonna play!

Blogless Troll said...

JaneyV, I read yours. You'd get a lot more done with a billion than I would. I'd be one of those lazy billionaires.

Wyrdd, sorry bout that. I was trying not to tag the same people I tagged last time. That way a whole new group of people will be annoyed.

Oh, thanks for the offer, but it's not the shoveling that would get me, it's the cold. I'd shovel your whole neighborhood all winter long as long as you could guarantee the temp would be like, mid 70s.

Kiersten and Fairy, thanks for playing.

Sarah, nahh not a machine. I think I'm done with memes. I'll quit before I get a difficult one.

Kiersten has a point, Robin. Didn't you say you'd have a blog by mid May?

Wood, don't really need a relo, but thanks. And it's best to get the meme done and over with quickly.

Wonderwood said...

Ha! I'm finished! I did it right away, otherwise one of my bad habits would have kicked in and I'd have never done it.

writtenwyrdd said...

It's okay, bt. I did the meme thing and it's up.

ww

Robin S. said...

Nope, BT.

You guys thought I'd cave. I actually (sort of) have a blog- but it's unpublsihed- because I don't understand how to place the pictures and the words and it looks, therefore, quite stupid.

Chris Eldin said...

LOL! Who invents these memes?

I actually know a couple who made a lot of money during that thing called dot com. They sold their house and traveled around on a boat. They had a blast. Me, I like my shovel and my snow.
:-)

Blogless Troll said...

Wait, you have a blog, but you're keeping it to yourself? Because you can't get the pictures right?

Robin S. said...

Yeah, BT. I don't know how to work it.

So it looks stupid. And it's just sitting there with random stuff on it from several months ago.

Wanna see it, let me know - I'll email you the name of the blog so you can laugh your ass off - as long as you don't share.

Blogless Troll said...

Yeah, send it to me. I'd like to see it.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Be happy to take a peek, Robin, if you're so inclined.

fairyhedgehog said...

Robin: you have got to let us see your blog. Get BT or someone to help you make it more presentable if you must but people here are dying to see it. Dying, I tell you.

Stephen Parrish said...

Don't forget: anniversary tribute to Miss Snark on Pat Wood's Blog starting May 20th.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Hey my comment got eaten! I liked your answers though!

PJD said...

Planning a wedding. A very dangerous thing for a marriage. I was fortunate in that I was in Seattle while the planning was going on in Berkeley.

Oh, and my reply to your tag is now available.

Why the 1982 Atlanta Braves? In fact, I'm pretty sure I could not name a single player from the 1982 Braves. That was before they got good, right? (I'm too lazy to look it up.)

Blogless Troll said...

Biff Pocoroba (coolest baseball name ever), '82 OBP .351

Robin S. said...

Hey Gina. It's coming sometime in the next couple of days, it looks like. I think.

I'm in the middle of receiving some badley needed remedial instruction and construction-stuff help.

fairyhedgehog said...

@ Robin: Glad to hear it!